Improve your loved one's eating habits
Do you have a loved one that is living with Alzheimer's or dementia? Often as the disease progresses, eating and drinking independently can become a more difficult task.
Dignity by Wade's adaptive tableware has been especially developed for those with cognitive impairments to make mealtime easier. Through its design, it allows individuals to maintain their independence of good nutrition and hydration.
What is included in this set of adapted tableware?
- A person who is suffering from a cognitive impairment such as dementia or Alzheimer’s
- A person who experiences tremors
- A person that requires assistance to eat or drink
Wade Ceramic is located in the United Kingdom. The “Dignity by Wade” brand was developed by the owner (whose parents both lived with Alzheimer's disease), researchers from Sterling University and health professionals, for people living with dementia and Alzheimer's.
- Available in 3 colors: white, yellow and green
- The tableware is made of vitrified ceramic to avoid damage
- Dishwasher, microwave and freezer safe
How does the Dignity plate help you?
- The design encourages your loved one to eat, through its appealing colours that make it easier to distinguish food from tableware.
- The plate, the bowl, and the saucer have raised and/or widened edges, which allow for better grip.
- The large handles on the mugs and teapot allow for better grip, preventing spillage.
- This tableware set is designed to make mealtime easier and to maintain independence.
We were impressed by the quality of this tableware and by its elegant and adaptive design. There are very few choices for suitable, useful and elegant tableware. We are really pleased to be able to offer this dignified and useful option to help maintain independence during mealtime.