Secure a door against wandering
Caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's or dementia presents many challenges. The risk of wandering may be important a key concern for you.
The remote door alarm allows you to secure your home and to improve the safety of your loved one. Install the detector on any door, and when it is opened, the transmitter will send a signal to the receiver which will sound an alarm. There are three types of audible alarms with a non-deafening tone.
The key advantage of this device is that the receiver can be placed remotely from the detector. For example, you can install the detector on the front door and have the sounding receiver in your bedroom. Help your loved one stay safely at home.
- Weight: 4 oz
- Size: 1-3 / 4 "x 3-1 / 2" x 1 "(plus magnetic contact)
- Color: ivory
- Power source: A 6 volt alkaline battery (installed and supplied)
Remote alarm (receiver):
- Weight: 12 oz
- Size: 3 "x 5" x 1-1 / 2 "
- Color: ivory
- Power Source: Any standard AC wall outlet (not controlled by a wall switch)
- Alarm / chime sound: (electronic chime or siren-like alarm)
- The alarm is 80 decibels.
- Thirteen different chime sounds available
- Range: 150 feet
- Chime: the electronic chime sounds once, no more.
- Melody: the selected melody will also only play once and no more. It resets once the door is closed.
- Alarm: The alarm sounds and continues to sound for four minutes or until the device is turned off, even after closing the door. If you accidentally open the door, a two-second delay allows you to close the door without the alarm ringing.
- It is recommended to use a chain lock together with the door alarm for the exterior doors.