Keeping your loved one hydrated
Have you noticed that your loved one doesn't drink enough and is often dehydrated? It may be due to an oversight or lack of attention, and it may be impacting their mood and health. The Droplet® hydration solution is here to help your loved one drink more frequently.
How can the Droplet® help you?
- The Droplet® is an intelligent and programmable base that will speak to the user if they are not drinking enough. With a simple rotation it attaches to the Droplet® mug or tumbler.
- The pre-recorded messages will alert your loved one. You can also record your own voice so that your loved one feels more comfortable and hears a familiar and encouraging voice.
- It's a way for people to drink more easily and for caregivers and health care professionals to know when someone isn't drinking enough.
- The base reminds the user to drink instead of relying on a loved one to remind them. This gives a sense of independence and control over one's own hydration.
The kit contains
- 1 x Mug (200 ml)
- 1 x Tumbler (200 ml)
- 2 x Flow Control Lids
- 1 x Droplet® Electronic Smart Base
- A person in a recovery situation with risks of dehydration
- A person with memory loss
- A person living alone
- A person with tremors
- A person with nutritional disorders
The Droplet® product was born from an idea by Ellie Van Leeuwen. She created Droplet® after her grandmother fell and became disoriented due to dehydration. She was studying product design at the time and decided to dedicate her project to finding a solution to prevent dehydration in the elderly.
- How to use
- When the reminder goes off, there is a voice and a light that turns on. It is possible to disable either of these functions.
- You can set the reminders for a 20, 40 or 60 minute frequency.
- There are up to 4 levels of volume, however it may not be suitable for people with severe hearing impairment.
- The base cleans easily with a damp cloth or antiseptic wipe, but is NOT dishwasher safe.
- If the base is inadvertently left on a mug or tumbler, it will flash to warn the person putting it in the washer to remove it.
- The mug and tumbler are made of Tritan™ which is a scratch, shatter, odor and stain resistant material that is easily washed in the dishwasher.
- Other Features
- There are discrete measuring lines (at 100 and 200 ml) to let you know the liquid level and help make thicker drinks if needed.
- The mug and tumbler can go in the microwave, but NOT the base.
- The mug insulates the heat from the beverage so the user can hold it with one or two hands without getting burned.
- The glass is tinted blue, which makes the water look fresher, cleaner and more appetizing.
- 3 AAA 1.5v batteries are required. It is recommended to use alkaline or lithium batteries, rechargeable batteries are not suitable.
- In a health center, the flashing base is visible from a distance, allowing the healthcare professional to quickly see who has not been drinking.
- At night, the base lights up slightly to help the user find their drink in the dark.
- Because it has an attractive appearance and does not look like a medical device, the kit offers the user dignity as well as support.
We tested the Droplet® within the team and liked how the device subtly reminds you to drink water. It is very useful in high heat conditions.
No reviews for this product or service yet.