Find information for your questions and get psychosocial support as a caregiver.
Being a caregiver has an impact on our daily lives. Being accompanied and connected with other caregivers will support you in this role. This is the goal of the Association Lavalloise des Personnes Aidantes (ALPA) which is open to all types of caregivers. ALPA gives you concrete tools to feel more in control.
The one-on-one interview service is offered free of charge to members who have paid the annual membership fee of $20 (from March to March).
Support services offered by ALPA
Through ALPA's services, you will be able to :
- Receive active listening to understand your needs and refer to the right place.
- Individual meetings can be done by phone or in person. Get a number of meetings necessary for your support, which will be determined by the counsellor.
- Participate in support groups in order to share your reality as a caregiver with your peers and to reflect together on targeted themes such as stress, emotions, taking care of yourself, letting go, power to act and perceptions.
- When a new diagnosis is announced or when your loved one's situation changes, for support and information.
- Whenever you are exhausted and want to be supported quickly
- Getting in touch with a network that is not just about cognitive loss
ALPA is a democratic and non-profit organization. Since 2002, its mission has been to make the population of Laval aware of the reality of caregivers by developing and improving its services to contribute to their psychological, family and social needs through its constantly evolving expertise.
Contact ALPA - Psychosocial individual or group support by phone or visit the website. Use the form below to send them your questions or comments.
No reviews for this product or service yet.