Lessen your loved one’s anxiety with this clock that tells them the time, date, and provides alarms
If your loved one asks you the time or date several times a day, the Alzheimer Calendar Clock will help you. Temporal orientation is one of the first abilities lost in many cognitive disorders. The clock is tailored specifically for people with Alzheimer's or other dementia. It helps to reduce the questioning and anxiety of your loved one with a well illuminated large screen that clearly indicates the date, day of the week and time.
The Eugeria team is happy to take care of the remote installation of the Calendar Clock if you would like to directly deliver it to your loved one. Call us at 1-855-554-3742 to learn more.
How does the clock help you?
- At a glance, your loved one can know the date, day of the week and time, without any abbreviations.
- The large 8-inch illuminated display is easy to read and the brightness can be adjusted according to the time of day.
- You can program up to 5 alarms for meals, or other reminders and 3 alarms for medicine.
- Reducing the anxiety from not knowing the time and date
- Mild to moderate stages of cognitive impairment
- People, with or without Alzheimer’s or any cognitive impairments, that often forget the date!
About this clock
This Alzheimer clock is a slightly different version of the DayClox clock. It is cheaper because the screen is not matte like the DayClox and reflects light slightly more than the latter. It can also display the period of day (e.g. morning) and have alarms.
- 8 programmable alarms : 5 regular alarms et 3 alarms for medicine reminder
- 3 display modes : 1) in color : red, white, blue for contrast, 2) in black and white, 3) analog display in black and white.
- 8 in. and easy-to-read screen, with options of yellow or white text
- Shows the time, day of the week, and date in large font. The period of the day (morning, afternoon, etc. can also be shown).
- Time display options: 12- and 24-hours
- Date display options: m-dd-yyyy and dd-mm-yyyy
- Available in 8 languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, and Welsh
- Screen brightness automatically dims at night
- 1 year warranty
- Can be placed on a table or a wall
- Silent and no maintenance required
- Easy set-up and installation
- Plugged to an electrical outlet
- Keeps time during power outages
- Size: 8.55” x 6.75” x 0.9”
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need batteries for the Clock?
No, the clock is plugged to an electrical outlet.
- Do I need to reconfigure the time after a power outage?
Yes and no, an internal backup battery keeps the right time and date even during a power outage. However, if the power is turned off for a prolonged period of time, the backup battery will run out and the Clock will need to be reconfigured.
- Do I need to reconfigure the time and date for leap years and daylight saving?
No and yes! The Calendar Clock automatically takes leap years into consideration, but the time needs to be manually changed for daylight saving.
- An electric outlet to plug the Calendar Clock