Note: The respite service at the day center is currently open 3 days a week due to COVID-19.
A respite service for you and your loved one
Caring for a loved one with cognitive impairment is a task that requires continuous effort. The organization Seniors Respite Monteregie allows you to get some respite by entertaining your loved one for a few moments during the day at the center and helps break their isolation by allowing them to socialize.
How can Seniors Respite Monteregie help you?
- The service offers respite to caregivers 3 days a week from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Participants take part in a number of specialized activities designed primarily to stimulate and encourage their physical, cognitive and social skills.
- The center's team is bilingual but activities are offered in English.
- Activities may include :
- Arts & Crafts
- Musical entertainment and sing-a-longs
- Seated stretching and gentle exercise
- Recreational therapy
- Cooking Class
- Holiday and birthday celebrations
- Special events
- Games for fun, leisure, mental stimulation, and all of the classics
- Preventing caregiver burnout
- Breaking the isolation of the caregiver and their loved one with a cognitive disorder
About Seniors Respite Monteregie
The Adult Activity and Respite Center (AARC), opened in November 2014.
AARC is a non-profit day center, conveniently located in the heart of Greenfield Park. Its mission is to enrich the quality of life for adults and caregivers as well as supporting independence through specialized activities and respite services.
Contact Seniors Respite Monteregie - Respite (Day center) by phone or visit the website. Use the form below to send them your questions or comments.
No reviews for this product or service yet.