Secure your kitchen stove with a smart plug with usage monitoring and alerts
Reduce home and kitchen fire hazards when using your cooking stove and oven despite occasional forgetfulness. The Wallflower is a smart plug you can install between the 220-240V power outlet/socket and the kitchen stove plug. This stove protector connects to the internet with Wi-Fi: you can monitor usage and be alerted on a smartphone if the electric stove is left on for an unusual amount of time. Transform any kitchen stove into a connected and smart kitchen stove.
The Wallflower is available in two models:
- 3-Wire for stoves purchased before 1996 (the stove's power cord is gray)
- 4-Wire for stoves purchased afterwards (the stove's power cord is black)
The Wallflower is compatible with the 2.4 GHz band of your Wifi. It will not work with the 5 GHz band (though most 5 GHz routers also provide 2.4 GHz services).
How does the Wallflower stove monitor help you?
If the stove is left on beyond a specific amount of time (that you can program), you will receive a notification:
- On any smartphone. You can then take required action by calling home to have someone shut down the stove.
- More than one phone can be alerted if needed.
- Reducing fire hazard without having to completely unplugging the kitchen stove
- Occasional forgetfulness (e.g. first signs of Alzheimer's or dementia)
- Mild cognitive impairment and early-stage memory loss when phone and kitchen appliance usage is still possible.
Wallflower is an American company based in Boston. They design products for a safer home and to make daily living less stressful.
Characteristics and installation
- Easy installation process. Doesn't require any tools, and we can help you.
- Plug the Wallflower in the socket and the cooking stove in the Wallflower
- Download the application
- Configure the Wallflower to connect it to Wi-Fi
- Safety Certified: UL and ETL
- 50 amps
- 1 year warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can the Wallflower shut down the stove from the app?
Fire hazard is not immediate and the Wallflower will alert you quickly enough to take action and reduce risk. Because it does not have a interruptor or relay, the Wallflower is less expensive than other options.
- Does the Wallflower work with gas ranges?
No, only with electric stoves.
- An internet connection
- A smartphone (Apple iOS or Android)
Not useful for
- Late-stage dementia where phone and kitchen appliance usage is not possible nor safe
- Often-recurring forgetfulness
The Wallflower is a good option to make sure that a stove is never turned on for too long without notification, even if we are not there physically. We really appreciate the 3 alarm modes and see their pertinence for early cognitive impairment when a person is still independent, but is at risk of forgetting. However, the audible alarm function is not very loud, so it’s important to connect the Wallflower to a smartphone.
No reviews for this product or service yet.