Idem - The connected Digital Dementia Clock
✨NEW✨ Remotely manage reminders & events, and communicate with your loved one from your smartphone or tablet with this dementia friendly clock.
How does the Idem clock help you?
- The Idem clock for seniors and people living with dementia shows the time, date, day of the week and moment of the day on a large and easy-to-read display. This feature minimizes risk of confusion and behaviours related to disorientation that may occur.
- With the Idem companion app caregivers can manage the clock remotely with 4 communication features:
- Schedule reminders and alarms (e.g. medication intake)
- Send messages (e.g. personal, loving and encouraging messages)
- Display notes (e.g. let them know when you will return)
- Show upcoming events (e.g. appointments)
Reducing disorientation and anxiety.
A clear display of date and time indicators is reassuring to people living with dementia and related disorders.
Supporting your loved one’s autonomy and well-being.
With customizable reminders and notes, your loved one can contribute their daily activities which help promote their independence.
Empowering and reassuring caregivers with an easy-to-use companion app.
The four types of communication are managed remotely (from anywhere, 24/7) and allow for customization to your loved one’s needs and preferences. Track communication activity and/or get notified when your loved one interacts with the clock. For example, customize your communications to ask for confirmation (by clicking on the screen) when medication has been taken.
How to set up the Idem Clock?
We made the set up very easy for caregivers!
Download the Idem companion app on a phone and/or tablet (available for android and iOS) and create your account.
Plug the Idem clock into an electrical outlet (and connect the clock to the Wi-Fi (no Wi-Fi set up needed if using the 3G connected clock).
Link the clock to your Idem companion app by entering the provided activation code.
Introduce the clock to your loved one. Read Idem’s tips!
How to choose between the Wi-Fi or 3G equipped clock?
Two options are available to suit your needs: one is compatible with Wi-Fi, the other is equipped with a 3G SIM card with a monthly subscription.
The Idem clock equipped with a 3G SIM card subscription:
- works without Wi-Fi;
- is always connected. Power outage ? No problem! Even if the power is out, you will be able to manage and send communications to your loved one for the entirety of the clock’s battery life;
- is ready-to-use and includes initial configuration (by request with the subscription);
- automatically updates when new features are released throughout the subscription;
- requires a $9/month subscription.
- The Idem Wi-Fi compatible clock:
- Requires a stable Wi-Fi connection;
- If the Wi-Fi connectivity is interrupted, remote communication and clock management will be disrupted.
- Requires a stable Wi-Fi connection;
Additional information available on Idem’s website.
Do you have any questions? Visit the Frequently Asked Questions page about the Idem Clock.
- The clock’s display
- Clear and simplified display, suitable for people with cognitive impairment.
- Customizable date and time indicators.
- Automatic time change.
- Automatically dims the display backlight at night.
- Option to enable the read aloud feature for the time when the screen is tapped.
- Option for voice announcement or chimes at each hour on the hour.
- Selection of sounds and ringtones and the capacity to set their volume level for each communication.
- Voice playback of reminders available.
- The clock has a retractable stand built into the back of the clock. The stand can be used to position the clock on a table or any other flat surface in a standing position.
- A compatible wall mount can also be purchased
- Allows 4 different types of communications: reminders, messages, notes and events.
- Option to receive real time reading confirmations.
Display: - 10.1” Touchscreen
Res: 1280 x 800 px
Ports: Type-C USB
Connectivity: 3G or 4G/LTE
Battery: 5000 mAh (6 to 8 hours of battery life)
Charging cable length: 6’5”, 1.96 meters
- Charging cable
- Power adapter
- Quick starter Guide
- The clock
You can find a guide to navigating the 4 ways to communicate here.