Adults living with memory loss and other cognitive conditions like dementia or Alzheimer’s can benefit from the accessibility and simplicity of this easy-to-use cell phone.
Its streamlined design removes the fear associated with technology and makes it easy to stay connected with friends and family while getting assistance quickly if needed. It can be used at home, on-the-go, in assisted living or long-term care homes as no wired phone line is required.
There are no applications or confusing settings, no notifications, no voicemail... simply no distractions! The user simply taps the picture of the person they wish to call.
The home screen is always on and unlocked, and the phone ready to use. The user doesn’t have to remember a passcode and its long-lasting battery ensures longer peace of mind.
A simple online portal and mobile app provide caregivers with the ability to set-up the phone in minutes and remotely manage all of its aspects based on the user’s needs and preferences:
- Create and edit up to 30 contacts.
- Send reminders.
- Limit incoming call to a list of trusted contacts to avoid unwanted calls.
- Set up hours during which the user cannot place calls.
- Check call history.
- Check phone location information using GPS tracker.
- Receive and send low battery alerts by text message when the phone’s battery is less than a specified amount.
- Enable the audio announcement « phone charging » that indicates when the phone is charging.
- Disable power button to ensure that the phone is always on.
- Set up auto-answer so that incoming calls are answered automatically.
- Program the audio pronunciation of the caller's name on incoming calls.
- Select a special larger display and customize the colour of contacts for visually impaired users or people with tremors.
- Video calling now available.
Simplified phone management features:
- Multiple caregivers can manage the application on one phone.
- One caregiver can manage multiple phones.
- Cell phone type : Motorola G Pure
- Operating System: Android 11
- Processor: MediaTek Helio G25
- Memory (RAM): 3GB RAM
- Internal storage: 32GB
- Battery size: 4,000 mAh
- Display: 6.5”; 720 x 1600 Resolution
- Dimensions: 16.7 x 7.6 x 0.9 cm / 6.59” x 2.98” x 0.34” (height x width x depth)
- Weight: 185 g / 0.41 lb
- Ports: Type-C USB
- Carrier support: Unlocked and compatible with all wireless providers
- SIM card: Nano-SIM
- FCC ID: IHDT56ZX2
- Wall charger
- Micro-USB charger cable
- User guides
Included in the box:
Frequently Asked Questions:
What phone providers is this phone compatible with?
The phone is unlocked and compatible with all phone providers in Canada.
What type of SIM card is compatible with the phone?
The phone is compatible with a Nano-SIM.
Does the simplified mobile phone RAZ require a plan with data?
Yes. The simplified mobile phone RAZ cannot operate without data. Data is required for the phone to reflect changes made by the caregiver on the app or online portal used to manage the phone from afar. For example, data is needed to update the GPS location of the phone, reflect changes made to the settings of the phone, and for video calling (available soon).
Is the phone ready to use when I receive it?
The phone is ready to use as soon as you receive it. You will just need to set up your online portal and insert an active SIM card in the phone.
Can the 911 button be disabled?
No. By law 911 service cannot be disabled or blocked on cell phones. The 911 button does require a long-press to use, so most people with dementia or similar conditions will be less likely to accidentally call emergency services.
Can the phone send or receive text messages? Is there voicemail?
No. The phone is designed to be as simple-to-use as possible, and doesn’t include these features. Instead of sending text messages, you can send reminders that will appear as sticky notes on the phone, with the option to also create audio reminders from the online portal and app.
I’m worried the phone will run out of battery and I can’t contact my loved one anymore since we don’t live together. What can I do?
The online portal and app for the phone includes a setting allowing you to receive a text message when the battery of the phone drops below a specified amount.
Can I restrict incoming calls?
Yes. The online portal and app for the phone includes a setting allowing you to limit incoming calls to only the contacts and/or a whitelist you can set up.
Can I track the phone remotely?
Yes. By going to the “GPS Location” button on the online portal or the app, you can track the location of the phone.
Can I add more than six contacts?
Yes. The phone allows up to 30 contacts, but the default is 6. Having 6 contacts or less will ensure there is only a single screen on the phone so the end user doesn’t have to scroll through multiple screens.