A stimulating and soothing activity for your loved one
Your loved one’s disease makes them agitated and difficult to engage with? The Fidget Widget™ is here to bring them comfort and help them relax. It was developed with the Alzheimer’s Society and the UCLAN for people living with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.
How can Active Minds’ spin Fidget Widget™ help you?
- Let your loved one calm down and relax
- Can improve your loved one’s dexterity
- Can be used individually or in a group to increase engagement and to provide stimulation
- A person in mid- to late stage dementia or Alzheimer's
- A person that is isolated, agitated or does not interact with other people
About Active Minds
The Fidget Widget™ Tool Kit is a unique collection of tactile tools to encourage meaningful engagement and enhance well-being. It is part of a collaborative innovation project “Positive Connections” funded by Active Minds, the Alzheimer's Society and the University of Central Lancashire, in the United-Kingdom.
- Included: 5 specially designed widgets each with a particular motion; spin, slide, twist turn or roll
- Suggestion for engaging with your loved one:
- There is no right or wrong way to interact with the tool
- To get started you may want to interact with the widget, then hand it over
- Connect through body language and eye contact, using an inviting tone of voice
- It may be helpful to place the widget into the person’s hand to explore
- Allow time to interact with the widget, if no interest, try again another moment
- Supervision is recommended at all times
- Designed to soothe and comfort through fidgeting and fiddling
- Dimensions: 19*8*6cm for each tool / 19*14*14 for the box