Relish - Adapted Jigsaw Puzzle - 13 pieces
A stimulating, creative, and simple activity to spend quality time with your loved one
Your elderly loved one used to love puzzle but can no longer do them alone as easily due to Alzheimer's or dementia?
Relish's puzzle is a fun, creative, and stimulating solution for your loved one. It’s a product developed for people living with dementia that promotes independence and a sense of achievement and pride. It also stimulates conversation.
These puzzles are perfect to bring back exciting memories of past activities!
How can Relish's large piece puzzle help you?
- Each image has been carefully selected to stimulate memories and start conversations.
- Can help maintain dexterity
- Can be done individually or in a group which can help break isolation
- A person in a mid- to late stage of dementia or Alzheimer's who always liked jigsaw puzzles
- A person with more abilities looking for a new and fun hobby but find standard puzzles too challenging
Relish's founder Ben Atkinson-Willes had a grandfather with Alzheimer’s disease who loved making jigsaw puzzles. It became increasingly difficult to find an appropriate puzzle as his condition progressed. This sparked the idea of Active Minds, that later became Relish. The company provides meaningful products for people living with dementia to improve their quality of life.
- Each puzzle consists of thirteen pieces that can be assembled within the frame and on a specially printed backing board that is designed to assist and encourage the individual to complete the puzzle themselves.
- Size: 31 x 22 x 2 cm
- 13 pieces made of board, making them easy to place
- Available in 4 models :
- Lily Pond
- Summer Birds
- Puppy Playtime
- Orient Express
- Tool Shed (available under the former brand Active Minds)
Watch the following video for a demonstration.