A stimulating, creative, and simple activity to spend quality time with your loved one
Your loved one loves creative activities such as painting, but they can no longer practice them?
Relish’s Aquapaint™ is the solution that can bring back that spark of creativity. It’s a painting activity that simply requires the use of water. This creative dementia product helps promote a sense of achievement and pride as well as stimulates conversation, stories and memories.
How can Relish’s Aquapaint™ help you?
- Each set comes with five different images that have been carefully selected to start a conversation when the painting is completed
- The activity can improve or maintain dexterity with the use of a brush and also helps to restore a sense of personal identity and pride when making the beautiful colours appear
- The images are age-appropriate and adapted for the user
- A person at a mid- to late stage of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease
- A person who loves painting but cannot do so anymore
Relish’s founder Ben Atkinson-Willes had a grandfather who was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease, he loved making jigsaw puzzles. Throughout his journey it became more difficult to find an appropriate puzzle for his condition and age, this is how his grandson had the idea to create Active Minds, that later became Relish. The company provides meaningful products for people living with dementia to improve their quality of life.
- How to use the Aquapaint™?
- The canvas starts off white with a simple clear black outline of the image to help guide the painter.
- Brush water on the canvas to reveal an image.
- The canvas is reusable! When the water dries, the image will fade back to white and can be used again.
No reviews for this product or service yet.