Variant Floor Markers are intended to redirect residents by using images on the floor that people traditionally will not want to walk on or cross. The images are designed to trigger long established memories of safety and are not intended to create fear or anxiety. By creating a visual distraction on the floor that some seniors prefer to avoid crossing, these markers offer a safe way to avoid unwanted room entries or exit seeking behaviours by redirecting residents as they move freely in their home.
Variant Floor Markers are semi-permanent adhesive floor graphics meaning they can be removed without damaging floors, and are estimated to last approximately 10 months per application.
Not intended for carpet or tile floors.
Intended for flat surface floors only.
- Liquid spill
Size: approx. 46 x 66 cm / 18 x 26 inches
- Thoroughly clean the floor surface, and make sure it is completely dry. We recommend wiping the surface area with rubbing alcohol or alcohol wipes. Make sure there is no residue and the surface is flat.
- Position your decal in the space you like it. If you are placing multiple decals you may want to measure and centre them in proximity to other decals. Most decals are placed in front of doors, in this case place them relatively close to the threshold of the door.
- With the backing on, tape the decal to the floor in the position you want it.
- Peel back a small section of the backing paper and cut it away using scissors.
- Adhere the section of the sticker with the removed backing to the floor. Use a squeegee or flat edge to remove any air pockets working from the centre out.
- Remove the tape holding the sticker in position, Flip the sticker over and peel away the remainder of the backing.
- Slowly roll the remaining exposed sticky edge onto the floor/surface using the squeegee to push out air bubble again, working from the middle out.
There are no reviews for this product or service yet