Protect your loved one against kitchen fire hazard
Reduce the risks of home fires for your loved one who is forgetful. The FireAvert is a smart plug that connects the electric stove to a 230V power outlet. The FireAvert automatically turns the stove off when the smoke alarm goes. It allows you to make the appliance smart and ensure your loved one's safety at all times.
How can the electric stove protector FireAvert help you?
- Maintain your loved one's independence at home as well as prevent fire hazard
- Easy to install, takes less than 10 minutes and doesn't require any tools
- A person in an early to mid-stage of cognitive impairments (dementia, Alzheimer's, etc.) who has occasional forgetfulness
Did you know
"Of the 1,250 kitchen fires per year in Quebec, more than 40% are caused by distraction, and cooking appliances (oven, stove and other cooking equipment) are the cause of these fires in 84% of cases." Source - Sécurité Publique Québec
FireAvert was created in the United States by Peter Thorpe, a firefighter. The idea came to him after encountering too many household fires that could have been avoided with a device such as the FireAvert. He developed this technology to prevent fires and help to save lives.
- Available in 2 versions:
- the 110-120V version for small appliances
- the 220-240V version for the electric stove
- Synchronize the FireAvert to the sound of your smoke detector
- Delay of about 20-60 seconds between triggering the smoke detector and automatically disconnecting the stove to avoid false alarms.
- To learn more about how to install the FireAvert, check out this video.
If the FireAvert is activated, it is necessary to reset it, which requires turning the power off and on again.
- You have two options:
1. Disconnect and reconnect the FireAvert or
2. Close and reopen the circuit-breaker.
- 1 year warranty
Have you heard of the Wallflower? It's a smart plug that allows you to track the use of your loved one's stove with your smartphone!
- Differences between Wallflower and FireAvert:
- The Wallflower is intended for stove use / The FireAvert can be used on several appliances
- The Wallflower sends an alert to your smartphone / The FireAvert stops the appliance when the smoke detector is going off
We are very happy to have found this solution for microwaves and toasters. Several solutions exist for the stove, but few for 110V objects even if the risks of fire and smoke with microwaves are very real. During our FireAvert tests, the power was cut off very quickly as soon as the smoke detector was activated. Installation was easy and done in a few minutes.