Interactive and stimulating game-based therapeutic tool
JOIN OUR WEBINAR!
See the Tovertafel in action and learn about the research that led to the development of the magic table, the co-design process, and the benefits of this innovation. Register here (open to all)
A product from the company Tover
Created in the Netherlands by Dre Hester Le Riche, Tovertafel - magic table in Dutch, is a care solution for people living with Alzheimer's or cognitive disorders based on research and co-creation with collective living environments.
Tovertafel projects interactive games and vibrant images onto a surface. The various games react to senior players' movements and have one thing in common: they have a useful purpose in addition to providing joy and entertainment.
Tovertafel's design is based on empirical advances and catalyzed by state-of-the-art technology:
- Based on scientific research
- Tested on a large scale
- Continuously adapted for optimal effectiveness
How can the Tovertafel help you?
The effects of Tovertafel have been documented for 3 types of users:
- On participating players, typically senior residents in care homes
- Breaks through apathy
- Increases physical activity
- Reduces negative emotions and increases positive emotions
- Reduces restless and tense behavior
- Increases social activity and contributes to more enjoyment
- On care workers
- Improves the relationship between care worker or healthcare professionals and resident
- Increases the work pleasure
- Promotes interaction and helps to connect
- On families
- Increases the fun during family visits
- Increases the possibilities to do something during the visit
- The console includes a high quality projector, infrared sensors, a speaker and a processor
- Interactive games are projected on any table
- The device is equipped with a wifi connection that allows for real-time updates of the games
- A quick click system allows you to move the console around your establishment
Contact our team for more information!
Contact The Tovertafel console by phone or visit the website. Use the form below to send them your questions or comments.