Protect your loved one against fire hazard
Prevent fire hazards for your loved one who is forgetful. The FireAvert is a smart plug that connects any appliances (microwave, toaster etc.) to a 110V power outlet. The FireAvert automatically turns off the appliance when it hears the smoke alarm. It allows you to ensure your loved one's safety at all times.
How can the FireAvert help you?
- Allows to preserve your loved one's independence at home as well as protect them against fire risks due to memory loss
- Easy to install, takes less than 10 minutes and doesn't require any tools
- A person in an early to mid stage of cognitive impairments (dementia, Alzheimer's, etc.) who has occasional forgetfulness
Did you know
"Of the 1,250 kitchen fires per year in Quebec, more than 40% are caused by distraction, and cooking appliances (oven, stove and other cooking equipment) are the cause of these fires in 84% of cases." Source - Sécurité Publique Québec
FireAvert was created in the United States by Peter Thorpe, a firefighter. The idea came to him after encountering too many household fires that could have been avoided with a device such as the FireAvert. He developed this technology to prevent fires and help to save lives.
- Available in 2 versions:
- the 110-120V version for small appliances
- the 220-240V version for the electric stove
- Synchronize the FireAvert to the sound of your smoke detector
- Delay of about 20-60 seconds between triggering the smoke detector and automatically disconnecting the stove to avoid false alarms.
- To learn more about how to install the FireAvert, check out this video.
If the FireAvert is activated, it is necessary to reset it, which requires turning the power off and on again.
- You have two options:
1. Disconnect and reconnect the FireAvert or
2. Close and reopen the circuit-breaker.
- 1 year warranty
Have you heard of the Wallflower? It's a smart plug that allows you to track the use of your loved one's stove with your smartphone!
- Differences between Wallflower and FireAvert:
- The Wallflower is intended for stove use / The FireAvert can be used on several appliances
- The Wallflower sends an alert to your smartphone / The FireAvert stops the appliance when the smoke detector is going off
During our FireAvert tests, the power was cut off very quickly when the smoke detector was activated. Installation was easy and done in a few minutes. The FireAvert is not a connected device and can’t be controlled remotely or monitor behavior. But it’s a good option to reduce the risk of flames and fires, because the heat source is cut off as soon as any burning dust is detected by the smoke detector.
No reviews for this product or service yet.