Interactive and stimulating game-based therapeutic tool
JOIN OUR WEBINAR!
See the Tovertafel in action and learn about the research that led to the development of the magic table, the co-design process, and the benefits of this innovation. Register here (open to all)
A product from the company Tover
Created in the Netherlands by Dre Hester Le Riche, Tovertafel - magic table in Dutch, is a care solution for people living with Alzheimer's or cognitive disorders based on research and co-creation with collective living environments.
Tovertafel projects interactive games and vibrant images onto a surface. The various games react to senior players' movements and have one thing in common: they have a useful purpose in addition to providing joy and entertainment.
Tovertafel's design is based on empirical advances and catalyzed by state-of-the-art technology:
- Based on scientific research
- Tested on a large scale
- Continuously adapted for optimal effectiveness
How can the Tovertafel help you?
The effects of Tovertafel have been documented for 3 types of users:
- On participating players, typically senior residents in care homes
- Breaks through apathy
- Increases physical activity
- Reduces negative emotions and increases positive emotions
- Reduces restless and tense behavior
- Increases social activity and contributes to more enjoyment
- On care workers
- Improves the relationship between care worker or healthcare professionals and resident
- Increases the work pleasure
- Promotes interaction and helps to connect
- On families
- Increases the fun during family visits
- Increases the possibilities to do something during the visit
- The console includes a high quality projector, infrared sensors, a speaker and a processor
- Interactive games are projected on any table
- The device is equipped with a wifi connection that allows for real-time updates of the games
- A quick click system allows you to move the console around your establishment
Contact our team for more information!
Contact The Tovertafel console